[coreboot] bug report: i945 text-mode native graphics initialization: graphical corruption with starting Debian/Trisquel net installer.

The Gluglug info at gluglug.org.uk
Tue Aug 26 17:50:15 CEST 2014

Here is some further notes that I collected:

There are issues with i945 text mode graphics initialization:
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2014-August/078468.html
look into it, follow up on that post and try to fix it.

    Trisquel isolinux menu doesn't show up in seabios (seavgabios)
with text-mode, it just says 'Error setting up gfxboot', but it works
in text-mode with the extract vbios. Looking at gma.c, it looks like
this isn't setup in text-mode by native init, but obviously when using
the extracted vbios, it is setting everything up properly?
    Debian/Trisquel net-install shows graphical corruption (see
mailing list link) when booting directly from GRUB in text-mode, but
works just fine when using the extracted vbios instead of seavgabios.
Are these using text-mode or trying to use graphics? (graphical
installers work just fine in native init or with extracted vbios)
    Debian net-installer (graphical one) fails (trisquel graphical
installer is ok) in native graphics and text-mode (works fine in
vesa/cbfb, or in text-mode plus extracted vbios):
        Scrolling/flickering text in a loop (segmentation fault):
        Xorg (xorg_backtrace+0x49) [0xb7*******] (numbers change)
        Xorg (0xb75******) [0xb7*******] (numbers change
        (vdso) (__kernel_rt_sigreturn+0x0) [0xb7******] (numbers change)
        /lib/libc.so.6 (cfree+0x49) [0xb7******] (numbers change)
        Xorg (xf86DeleteMode+0x51) [0xb7******] (numbers change)
        Segmentation fault at address 0xb7200000
        Fatal server error:
        Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
    phcoder says that there are limitations in native graphic: for
example, he says native init doesn't provide int10h at all, and that
it lacks VBT. Are there other issues? He says that there are also lots
of ACPI issues in general.