[coreboot] IBM x60t test - DSDT is in fact incomplete

Charles Devereaux coreboot at guylhem.net
Mon Aug 25 15:45:00 CEST 2014

Hello

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 2:42 AM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <
phcoder at gmail.com> wrote:

>  >  - missing ACPI events when the stylus is inserted/removed
> How is the OS supposed to react to them?

Issue stylus insert and remove messages which can then be mapped to scripts

[ 1778.225577] acpid[440]: completed netlink event "ibm/hotkey IBM0068:00
00000080 0000500c"

[ 1778.734936] acpid[440]: received netlink event "ibm/hotkey IBM0068:00
00000080 0000500b"

> >  - errors when trying to make the leds blink with tpacpi
> details? usecase?

echo "0 blink" > /proc/acpi/ibm/led

Currently fails with :

[  104.727409] ACPI Warning: For \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC__.LED_: Excess
arguments - needs 1, found 2 (20130328/nspredef-272)
Blinking leds are a simple way to do many things (ex: indicate successful
system boot on a screenless computer)

>  - errors during TPM initialization
> Some people here would call it a feature.

I do not call non working hardware a feature, especially if linux drivers
exist.
Letting users be able to use or not use their hardware in anyway they chose
is a feature.

TPM is just a glorified way to store hashes, but it could have some uses
say.

> Ideally, the DSDT should be fixed within coreboot, but this goes beyond
> > my present abilities.
> Not true. Just do the same changes to the corresponding *.asl files in
> coreboot repo and send the patch to gerrit. Other than a layer of
> preprocessing, it's exactly the same code as you got from disassembly.

I did not realize that and thought it interacted with static defines - and
so I would have to create a coreboot version-specific DSDT. Thanks. I will
see if I can have that work.

For the ACPI Warning about SystemIO, I have no idea though.

Charles