[coreboot] ASUS C200 Chromebook

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Tue Aug 19 17:22:26 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 10:00 AM, John Lewis <jlewis at johnlewis.ie> wrote:

> Hi Guys, long time no speak.
>
> I'm building a ROM for the subject using ChromiumOS coreboot with the
> relevant branch, and I'm just wondering if the external reference code
> binary is needed?

I think so. It has a lot of hardware specific bits for enabling clocks, etc
for pci and usb iirc. That's about all there is in there.

> It builds okay without it (commenting out ChromeOS specific bits that it
> complains about), and I can even get it to compile cleanly with the option
> enabled. However, I can't seem to correctly extract the binary from the
> shell-ball ROM using cbfstool, because at build time, it complains "E: The
> stage file is not in ELF format!". Can one of you point me in the right
> direction?

How are you extracting it? Does cbfstool list the file?  You could add it
as a raw file as a workaround. Alternatively, it's possible to re-make it
into an elf. This is the same problem as any other stage. Once you add it
and pull it out it can't be added back w/ add-stage. It's not loaded like a
stage, and to be honest I can't remember why I chose to use add-stage to
begin with. I have a feeling I didn't want to change anything for
relocatable ramstage in the Makefile so I did it like that. Then just did
something similar.