[coreboot] good news on video init

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue Aug 12 07:27:06 CEST 2014

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [140809 05:24]:
> Some of furquan's very fine work from -- yegads! -- a year ago is just
> now coming upstream. Take a look.

Ron! If you have a link for us, that would be great!

I want to endorse Furquan's great work, however. Not only did it open up
new ways of making sure we get rid of yet another blob in our systems,
but it also opens up coreboot on a variety of systems in the future
while silicon vendors slowly but steadily migrate away from x86 VGA
option ROMs and towards UEFI option roms and (sic!) GOP drivers.

Also, at this time, thank you very much to every one in the community
who put endless hours of effort into porting native graphics init to
their mainboard / system. This is really where we have to put a lot of
effort in, in the near future to keep coreboot free.

Stefan