[coreboot] Life hack #37: how to make a great touchpad

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Mon Apr 21 21:39:02 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 8:55 AM, David Hubbard <
david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree 100%. On a slightly related note, the touchpad identifies itself as
>> "SynPS/2 Synaptics Touchpad," though I'm not 100% sure it's a synaptics
>> device.

It depends which Chromebook you are using, as there are a variety of
touchpads used from Synaptics, Cypress, Atmel, etc. Also, make sure the
chromeos_laptop kernel module is loaded.

As Ron pointed out, this is really not an appropriate forum to get help on
touchpad issues. I suggest chromium-os-discuss mailing list for that:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/chromium-os-discuss

> I foundnd the mouse moved ever so slightly when I touched or released the
> pad -- so I changed the expected finger size:
>
> xinput | grep 'SynPS/2' # to get the device id, should be 11
> xinput list-props 11
>
> # change "Synaptics Finger (271)"
> xinput --set-prop 11 37 42 0 # 37=min size of a finger, 42=max size of a
> finger
>
> # the previous value was: xinput --set-prop 11 25 30 0
>
> David
>
> --

David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.