[coreboot] ASRock E350M1 start automatically after a electric cut

Felix Held felix-coreboot at felixheld.de
Tue Apr 15 16:15:38 CEST 2014

>> Have a look at the power loss control bits inside the superio chip. They
>> specify what to do when the mainboard gets its standby power.
> Okay, but how please?
Haven't read enough of the coreboot source code to be able to say if and
where those bits are written by coreboot.
They are in the LDN A of the SIO chip, bits 5 and 6 in CR E4h. See the
SIO datasheet.

Since VRTC is the power well for that unit of the chip, removing the
power and the BIOS battery for a minute should reset those bits to 0.

Regards
Felix

I wonder why my mail client doesn't use the address the mails from the
mailing list are delivered to as address in the from field...