[coreboot] [proposal] EC-mainboard interaction at ASL level

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Apr 8 11:08:50 CEST 2014

mrnuke wrote:
> Define a set of common ACPI method names which the mainboard code should
> define, and the EC code can always use.

Thanks for starting this! It is exactly what is needed.

> * MB_TOGGLE_WLAN() or MB_TOGGLE_WIRELESS()
> * MB_INCREASE_BRIGHTNESS() and MB_DECREASE_BRIGHTNESS()
> * MB_SWITCH_DISPLAY()
> * MB_NOTIFY_POWER_EVENT()

I additionally have lock, battery, sleep, network, eject and suspend
hotkeys.

> * MB_LID_STATE
> * LIDS
> * PWRS

Battery state(s) too?

> It seems a little convoluted,

Maybe, but it's exactly the right abstraction. Please do go ahead.

> If there aren't any major objections, I'll write this up on the wiki,
> and we'll open the gates to refactoring.

As for the documentation, maybe we should put that in the tree instead?

Thanks

//Peter