[coreboot] [HELP!!!] Pavilion EC (similar to compal/ene932) and its woes

mrnuke mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 22:34:22 CEST 2014

On Saturday, April 05, 2014 08:21:21 PM Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> On 05.04.2014 19:02, mrnuke wrote:
> > When an event happens, on the other hand, like a hotkey, or AC is removed,
> > it does not generate an SCI that would lead to a query call (_Qxx).
> > Instead it spits out an SMI. I know for a fact that the SCI and SMI GPEs
> > are where we expect them to be.
>
> What do you mean by "expected"?
EC SCI is hooked to GEVENT3 pin which is routed to GPE3
EC SMI is hooked to GEVENT23 which is routed to GPE23

> Same as vendor BIOS?
Yep

> My guess is that vendor BIOS handles SMI and then somehow triggers SCI in
> software. I'd try to route all GPE to SCI.

I can only route one GEVENT pin to a GPE, otherwise the SB craps up and no
longer triggers an interrupt for that GPE.

I've tracked it down to bit5 of the EC status reg (inb 0x66). Normally, on an
external event, it would be set, OS finds it set and queries the SCI source,
uses that to call _Qxx. That bit5 is never set by EC in my case.

Alex