[coreboot] New addendums to INTEL FSP family

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:03:06 CEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Stojsavljevic, Zoran <
zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com> wrote:

> > I really don't want to be rude here, not trying to be, but there's a lot
> of talk on this issue that is driven by ignorance. And the people who know
> what's going on, can't talk; the people who don't know, talk
> :-) Twas ever thus.
>
> People who do know, in most cases do NOT want to talk (in some they
> cannot), but people who do NOT know, they always talk, even they're not
> asked to!

Let's be polite. After all, this is an open source community forum, the
operative word being *open*. Not "open when mrnuke approves" or "open only
to those with insider knowledge."

Thanks for your hard work here, by the way! I would certainly like to see
components of FSP open up over time, however coreboot+FSP is still a lot
better than no coreboot at all in my opinion. It also seems like a logical
step to help vendors take control of their platforms and see the benefits
that increased transparency can bring.