[coreboot] question about dsdt table in coreboot

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sun Sep 29 08:53:56 CEST 2013

Am Sonntag, den 29.09.2013, 10:46 +0800 schrieb jstkf2012 at 126.com:
> Dear Maillinglist,
> I have question about dsdt table  in coreboot.
> How can we add dsdt table into coreboot?
By adding dsdt.asl to your mainboard's directory (ie.
src/mainboard/$vendor/$board/dsdt.asl) and enabling
HAVE_ACPI_TABLES in Kconfig, which in turn enables GENERATE_ACPI_TABLES.

As you can see in src/arch/x86/Makefile.inc (lines 270+),
dsdt.asl and ssdt[2-5].asl are considered automatically if they're
present.

> In acpi_tables.c,we will see that:
> dsdt = (acpi_header_t *) current;
> memcpy(dsdt, &AmlCode, sizeof(acpi_header_t));
> current += dsdt->length;
> memcpy(dsdt, &AmlCode, dsdt->length);
> but how can we get the address of Amlcode。
The build system takes care of that.

Regards,
Patrick