[coreboot] vga & serial debug support when building grub2 as payload

jstkf2012 at 126.com jstkf2012 at 126.com
Sun Sep 22 10:20:07 CEST 2013

Hi Maillist,
I am a bios engineer from Byosoft.
Unfortunately, I meet 2 questions about building Grub2 as coreboot's payload.
(1)How can I enable vga support during post?
I have configure the following token:
CONFIG_VGA_ROM_RUN=y
CONFIG_VGA_BIOS=y
              CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_ID="8086,0166"
              CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_FILE="./src/vbios.bin"
 But it seems that it doesn't make sence.Is there something need I to do in Grub2 to support vga.
(2)How can I enable serial prot debug after Grub2 Payload is loaded?
I have add the following to grub.cfg and use "grub-mkimage -c ./grub.cfg ......." to make the Grub2.elf.
                serial --speed=115200 --unit=0 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
                terminal_input --append  serial
                terminal_output --append serial
But it doesn't work after grub2 payload is called!
I need your great help!
Thanks,
TankTang

jstkf2012 at 126.com