[coreboot] Issues getting ASUS F2A85-M to boot

Dave Frodin dave.frodin at se-eng.com
Tue Oct 29 16:36:58 CET 2013

Matt,
Could you put your coreboot .config file somewhere  for us to look at?

The PCI ID of the graphics device (BDF 0:1.0) must match CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_ID
in order for the vga option rom to get loaded. The alternative is to put
the vga rom
in the CBFS vgaroms/ directory with any name you want (e.g.
vgaroms/matts_vga.rom)
Seabios will then load it.
You can disable CONFIG_VGA_ROM_RUN with this method. Also make sure you
are building your seabios for coreboot.

This would be clearer if your serial console was working. You will want
CONFIG_EARLY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_CONSOLE_SERIAL=y
CONFIG_CONSOLE_SERIAL_COM1=y
CONFIG_CONSOLE_SERIAL_115200=y