[coreboot] HP Pavilion 14 Chromebook - AKA Butterfly

John Lewis jlewis at johnlewis.ie
Fri Oct 18 17:03:25 CEST 2013

On 18/10/2013 15:43, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:

> On 17.10.2013 23:39, John Lewis wrote:
>
>> On 17/10/2013 19:49, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:
>
>>> Your log indicates it did not even reach payload. Try to add some
>>> debugging printk's in smbios_write_tables() to trace where it might
>>> halt. Unfortunately you cannot yet use GDB over usbdebug.
>> I'm unsure, so I've done another. This one is Grub2 LZMA compressed,
>> and it gets a bit further. Also more warning messages and errors.
>> Guess
>> there's no point adding printk's to smbios_write_tables() as it gets
>> past that on this one?
>
> Hi John
>
> It is not clear to me if you previously had a working Butterfly built
> from coreboot git and it is now broken with a recent master. Does it
> fail in a consistent fashion? Log terminates exactly at the same
> point
> if you try a few cold boots?
>
> You will not benefit from CBMEM console and timestamps until you can
> reach OS and I honestly hope those are not affecting your boots. I
> think
> you already disabled console for the last log.
>
> What local changes have you made, log has -dirty tag in version
> string?
>
> Kyösti

Hi Kyösti,

No, it's never worked, but I've only had the Chromebook a week. Where
it terminates seems to depend on whether I redirect cat to a file or
not. If I don't redirect I get further messages than you can see in the
file I attached about "loading segments" and finally "Using LZMA".

CBMEM console is disabled, but early pre-RAM console is enabled, yes.
I've tried removing "select CHROMEOS" from the board's Kconfig, but it
doesn't even build (tried from clean), and I just add it back again.
Only other change I ever make is the default hard-coded menu key in
SeaBIOS.

John.