[coreboot] HP Pavilion 14 Chromebook - AKA Butterfly

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 16:43:46 CEST 2013

On 17.10.2013 23:39, John Lewis wrote:
> On 17/10/2013 19:49, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:

<clip>

>> Your log indicates it did not even reach payload. Try to add some
>> debugging printk's in smbios_write_tables() to trace where it might
>> halt. Unfortunately you cannot yet use GDB over usbdebug.
>
> I'm unsure, so I've done another. This one is Grub2 LZMA compressed, and
> it gets a bit further. Also more warning messages and errors. Guess
> there's no point adding printk's to smbios_write_tables() as it gets
> past that on this one?

Hi John

It is not clear to me if you previously had a working Butterfly built
from coreboot git and it is now broken with a recent master. Does it
fail in a consistent fashion? Log terminates exactly at the same point
if you try a few cold boots?

You will not benefit from CBMEM console and timestamps until you can
reach OS and I honestly hope those are not affecting your boots. I think
you already disabled console for the last log.

What local changes have you made, log has -dirty tag in version string?

Kyösti