[coreboot] Require help to boot coreboot with seabios' s floppy mechanism

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 17 09:24:51 CEST 2013

Dear Neo,

Am Donnerstag, den 17.10.2013, 12:32 +0530 schrieb Anthony Ross:

> I have successfully build coreboot with seabios as payload. I can well boot
> a HDD Image & so also a virtual cd-rom image i.e. a Ubuntu 12.04 ISO.

awesome. What board and coreboot and SeaBIOS versions do you use?

> However I have further got on building the DUET Package.

Could you please reply to the other thread »Help required for compiling
EDK2 ' s CorebootPkg« from October 3rd [1], what you did to get it to
build.

> Since in case of coreboot it can' t be added as a true tianocore
> payload I switched to seabios' s floppy mechanism to load DUET.
> Well after adding the lzma compressed floppy image i can well embed it in
> coreboot.rom flash image, but the main problem is that it does not appear
> in the seabios' s boot options. When i press F12 it only shows a virtual
> DVD drive ATA 1 &  thats all.I have well followed the
> coreboot/tianocore <http://www.coreboot.org/TianoCore> build guide for
> DUET and embedding it.

Please provide us the output of `cbfstool build/coreboot.rom print`.
Also please build SeaBIOS with debug level 8 and attach the coreboot and
SeaBIOS log (use serial console, CBMEM or USB debug dongle).

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2013-October/thread.html#76416