[coreboot] looking for a good, small, low power, portable board

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sat Nov 30 08:23:03 CET 2013

Am Freitag, den 29.11.2013, 19:31 -0800 schrieb ron minnich:
> James, this is super helpful and, yes, I should have said 8169. Seems
> like the gizmo ought to work for my needs as well, then, if the
> ethernet IP is from the rtl8169?
On http://www.gizmosphere.org/why-gizmo/gizmoboard/ hold your mouse over
the PCB picture at the bottom, a bit below the VGA port. Somewhere
you'll mouse over "Realtek RTL8111DL Gigabit Ethernet controller (on
back)".

So It's actually a separate chip, since the AMD on-chip stuff seems to
be a not very useful broadcom chip. (see Jens' comments on gerrit:
http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/2581/)

Most AMD boards seem to use a separate chip, usually realtek, for that
reason.

Patrick