[coreboot] BadBIOS Thoughts

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 19:19:50 CET 2013

On 11/20/2013 09:23 AM, ron minnich wrote:
> I've got a student coming in January and he's going to work on
> ChromeOS on AMD CPUs, starting with the Gizmo. If, at that time,
> someone has a suggestion for an AMD laptop which might be suitable,
> let me know.

Would you care to elaborate on that?
As much as I hate HP, they do seem to have some of the best AMD-based
laptops. I would look at the ProBook 655 G1 / 645 G1 or the HP ProBook
6475b.

Alex

P.S. One fornicating annoying downside is that HP's firmware really
sucks. Suspend-and-not-crash-and-overheat (TM) is sometimes working,
while Resume-and-not-defecate (TM) seems to be slightly more reliable.