[coreboot] Fwd: reset vector issue

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Nov 15 01:01:31 CET 2013

Hi,

ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I read both, all parts, from 2004 to now.
>
> Muting this discussion. Peter, your comments are not helpful. Sorry I
> bothered you, folks. Have a nice day.
I'm probably doing something wrong by continuing that discussion, but
that kind of things seem really interesting.

Sadly the kind of fixes mentioned before in this thread seems to be a
kind of black magic: I guess that only the vendors know why they're
really needed and what they really do.

_start in src/cpu/x86/16bit/entry16.inc has also some interesting
comments( including one on the cache invalidation).

I came accross all that with my first attempts of my newer fallback
mecanism work (the idea is to make "what's after the ramstage" declare
that the computer booted successfuly).

Denis.