[coreboot] [RFC] Board status script

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 7 00:07:10 CET 2013

Am Montag, den 04.11.2013, 13:21 -0800 schrieb ron minnich:
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Paul Menzel wrote:
>
> > Doesn’t our build bot Jenkins already answer this question? Every board
> > builds with the default configuration.
>
> And it's clearly insufficient. If it answered the question accurately
> do you think we'd be going to all this trouble?

Then what is the question/problem you want to address?

Building problems should be detected automatically. abuild could be
improved to allow to build non-default Kconfig configurations.

> > If you mean the Wiki, then in my experience it is pretty accurate.
>
> You might be the only person with that experience. Again, we are doing
> this driven by a clearly stated request from a number of people. The
> current page is a problem.

So what is the plan for the new system? A separate Web application? A
script like in flashrom to create a Wiki page automatically?

Also thinking more about it, there is another problem to only have one
version of logs per board. What happens if two people build an image
from the same revision but with different configurations, where one
works and the other does not for example?

Thanks,

Paul