[coreboot] Chromebook coreboot sources

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 17:55:34 CET 2013

Hi

A recent discussion I had about google/stout suggested that with the
sources from coreboot git, this board is unable to resume from S3
suspend. (Argumentation: no EARLY_CBMEM_INIT, no MRC cache, no memory
training results).

I find it hard to believe this problem would affect production units and
I tried to locate the sources where this is fixed from chromium git,
without success.

So this question pops on the surface once again: how do I track down,
locate and download the specific revision of coreboot sources for a
Chromebook production unit? I'd like to see fixes like this upstreamed
to coreboot git.

As a related topic: Sandy/ivybridge boards have some low-memory writes
on S3 resume, see use of CBMEM_RESUME_BACKUP and CBMEM_BOOT_MODE in
romstage.c. Is there some argumentation why these writes are safe and do
not corrupt OS memory?

Regards,
  Kyösti