[coreboot] Change in coreboot[master]: util/xcompile/xcompile: Remove `-Wno-unused-but-set-variable` from `CFLAGS`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 2 08:24:00 CET 2013

Dear coreboot folks,

Am Dienstag, den 22.10.2013, 23:35 +0200 schrieb gerrit code review:
> From Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net>:
>
> Paul Menzel has posted comments on this change.
>
> Change subject: util/xcompile/xcompile: Remove `-Wno-unused-but-set-variable` from `CFLAGS`
####
> Do not disable warnings about unused but set variables to further
> improve the code quality.
####
> Patch Set 1:
>
> Denis, in my opinion the code can always be structured to avoid such
> cluttering. Most of the time only a new function has to be added and
> in your example the error could be printed in `func2` for example.
>
> Ron, as can be seen in [1] it is an improvement. Even if it just adds
> clarity.
>
> All in all, I would like to require new boards going into the tree to
> have no warnings at all. Maybe a Kconfig option for the old boards
> would be smart as some of the cleanup for the old boards is probably
> not worth it.
>
> [1] http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/3985/

looking at the build errors, there are quite a few. And of course most
of them in AGESA in `src/vendorcode`. As written above, having this
warning is nice to have as it finds errors.

Thinking about it, warnings as errors has to be disabled again for AGESA
until we figure out, how to deal with those.

For the unused but set variables in coreboot “own” code, I’ll send
patches. Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul