[coreboot] Question about STACK_SIZE

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Thu May 2 20:22:44 CEST 2013

* Aaron Durbin <adurbin at google.com> [130502 17:39]:
> OK. Thanks for the info. That does make for some huge memory
> footprints on the AMD machines with a large number of CONFIG_MAX_CPUS.
> I'd be curious to know why the BSP for the AMD code requires so much
> while in ramstage.
>
> -Aaron

One of the majore things needed on the BSP used to be lzma decompression
which put a 16K array on the stack. We fixed this a while ago, bringing
down stack usage on our Intel based boards to about 1K (and giving each
core a 4K stack)

We fixed the issue by putting that big array in the heap instead. Maybe
we can fix the AMD code in the same way.

I would like to see some actual stack usage data first though

Stefan