[coreboot] Can the LiPPERT Cool RoadRunner-LX image be used for Gene 5315 Rev.B?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 27 10:59:00 CET 2013

Dear Sergey,

welcome to coreboot.

Please do not send any HTML messages to lists as documented in the
netiquette [1].

Am Mittwoch, den 27.03.2013, 13:01 +0400 schrieb sergey:

> I want use "coreboot" on my computer. In computer installed board Gene
> 5315 Rev.B .

Could you please provide an URL for this board and the information
listed in the FAQ »Will coreboot work on my machine?« [2].

> List of supported boards contains board with name "LiPPERT Cool
> RoadRunner-LX", which have identical configuration with "Gene".

Interesting. I think this board is similar to the AMD Persimmon [3]
board. But if the components (like Super I/O) fits your board best, use
the LiPPERT Cool RoadRunner-LX as a template.

> Can I use coreboot image at "LiPPERT" for programming flash chip of
> "Gene"?

You should try it. Just make sure you have a way to recover from a
failed flash, when it does not work as also documented in the FAQ [4].

Thanks and good luck,

Paul

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ#Will_coreboot_work_on_my_machine.3F