[coreboot] f2a85-m related topics

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 04:41:00 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> The board is finally in. I'm aware that David bought it (i think he has
> f2a85-m CSM version which is USA specific), is there anyone else?
> PaulePanter maybe?
>
> Has anyone tried "hot flashing" ? It seems linux crashes if I simply
> unplug the flash. I tried to work around and disabled SMI by software. But
> I want to be sure it happens also to other people.

I haven't hot flashed very many times but it didn't crash. Maybe I was just
lucky?

> The issue with SeaBIOS is gone. I will post some coded verb fix. Is there
> a way how to extract verbs for codec from original system? I did simple:
> cat /sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/init_**pin_configs
>
> Is it all?
>
> The last, so far known issue is that SeaBIOS likes to boot only from first
> AHCI port. I need to check this.

I checked http://www.coreboot.org/ASUS_F2A85-M and it says test
virtualization.

Maybe very low priority, but linux still complains "no compatible bridge
window" - I suspect it's just some PCI-E config steps.

Anyway, I like where the current build is at. Kudos!

David