[coreboot] coreboot-libpayload 'size_t' conflicting type error

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 25 22:20:24 CET 2013

Dear Pradish,

welcome to coreboot and sorry, that you hit a problem right away.

As a side note, please configure Google Mail to not send any HTML
message and just plain text. For more information please read the
netiquette for example documented in the openSUSE Wiki [1].

Am Donnerstag, den 21.03.2013, 15:31 +0530 schrieb Pradish Moorkkth Puttan Vettil:

[…]

> Next I tried to build libpayload and when I do “make install “ it gives the
> following error****
>
> ** **
>
> /coreboot/payloads/libpayload$ make install****
>
> CC   libpci/libpci.libpci.o****
>
> In File included from include/libpayload.h:54:0,****
>
>                  from libpci/libpci.c:30:****
>
> include/x86/arch/types.h:56:22: error: conflicting types for 'size_t'****
>
> In file included from include/libpayload.h:49:0,****
>
>                  from libpci/libpci.c:30:****
>
> /home/pradish/coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/lib/gcc/i386-elf/4.7.2/include/stdded.h:213:23:
> note: previous declaration of 'size_t' was here****
>
> make: ***[build/libpci/libpci.libpci.o] Error 1****

You also reported this issue in the coreboot Trac instance [2]. Thank
you. But I think we can leave the discussion on this list.

I am getting the same error and I think you should revert the patch
introduced with [3].

        commit 903f8e03307de8a689244eec5bf9aface73850b1