[coreboot] Squash or not squash current Haswell patches?

Aaron Durbin adurbin at google.com
Tue Mar 12 23:11:55 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dear coreboot folks,
>

> first thanks to Google and Aaron for the Haswell patches. As most of
> them seem to be fix-up patches I would say to squash those into the
> Haswell commit and add comments into the code were appropriate.
>
> That would reduce the amount of patches and the one Haswell commit would
> work right away(?).
>
> Or what do I miss?

I'll let Stefan comment on the state of the patches. The last I heard
(a couple of days ago) was that there were still more to be sent (I
haven't been closely following Stefan's great upstreaming work).  The
Haswell development has had some churn mainly from experimenting with
some implementations of certain things. There's also probably more
patches that look like fix-up patches coming. So that doesn't really
answer your question. Sorry. It sounds like you'd rather see a big
Haswell patch that is our current development?

Sorry for the churn.

-Aaron