[coreboot] Could some one please give me parameters for QEMU for running Coreboot with Linux payload

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Mon Mar 11 20:29:34 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Pankaj Chhabra
<chhabra.pankaj at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please note that I have tried with foo directory with coreboot.rom copied
> as bios.bin also.
>
> qemu-system-i386w.exe -L foo  -serial stdio

I think you also need to point it to a kernel (e.g. vmlinuz) and a system
image (you can make one using qemu-img). For example: qemu-system-i386 -L
foo -hda ubuntu_installer.iso -kernel vmlinuz -bios coreboot.rom -serial
stdio

The serial output will appear in the terminal you ran the command. The QEMU
window which pops up shows the output of whatever is on the display, such
as VGABIOS output or the GUI for your OS.

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.