[coreboot] coreboot 2013 Google Summer of Code: Call for mentors and project ideas

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 4 18:17:02 CET 2013

Thanks Marc for the kickoff mail!
We (everybody else) should do a little bit more than we have done yet
to make this happen ;)

I'd like to participate as student again, rather doing a flashrom than
a coreboot project, but we will see. I talked to Carl-Daniel and he
will not have time to really mentor anybody (but me, due to obvious
reasons (there was very little mentoring going on the first time) ;)

If there would be another student interested in flashrom I would be
able and like to mentor him. Sadly, doing both is not possible... at
least not officially. I am not sure how to solve this yet (e.g. by
registering as mentor only after we have found a suitable student), but
OTOH I fear it will not be a problem anyway (i.e. lack of interest
in flashrom).

I'll try to figure out some more flashrom project ideas, talk with
Carl-Daniel and update our last year's page
(http://flashrom.org/GSoC) and help with the cb wiki too.

I think it would be a good idea to gather information on who wants to
help and how, therefore...
http://www.coreboot.org/GSoC#People_involved
Maybe we could also schedule an IRC meeting of these, maybe in the next
days?