[coreboot] i915 status on x60.

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Mar 3 20:35:48 CET 2013

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 09:21:11 -0800
ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not have time to read all your code, will try later.
>
> To get to the frame buffer on sandybridge, you just read one of the
> BARs, I think i't BAR 4. That won't work on the x60?
I just found out that the bar2 where the framebuffer is on the x60
isn't mapped correctly:

common.c maps the framebuffer and then I do that with the virtual
address:
(gdb) set {int}0xa7d38000 = 0xff
(gdb) p/x {int}0xa7d38000
$1 = 0x0

0xa7d38000 points or at the beginning of the bar, or at address of the
framebuffer(I took it from the kernel with kgdb).

I am told by phcoder on IRC that I've to activate the access to VRAM...

Denis.