[coreboot] Tyan S2895 SATA, USB, ethernet not working

Andrew Goodbody ajg4tadpole at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 17:48:23 CET 2013

On 03/03/13 14:28, Andrew Basterfield wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>
> The lack of 2nd PCIe and ethernet is expected behavior when the 2nd
> socket is empty - please see the following
>
> ftp://ftp.tyan.com/manuals/m_s2895_101.pdf
>
> Please see 2nd 'NOTE' section 2.4 page 18
>
> Looking at the system architecture section 2.2, page 9, it becomes clear
> why this is so.

Ooh, ugly. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying was the problem.

> I think I will have to re-cap the board to restore the 2nd CPU socket to
> eliminate this variable.
>
> --Andrew

You say it is stable with one CPU using the Tyan BIOS so it is at least
possible to use the board as is.
There is certainly code in the S2895 devtree and mptable to allow for
the missing devices caused by a missing 2nd CPU but I have no idea how
well tested that is. How does it behave if you boot with ACPI disabled?

Andrew