[coreboot] [x60s] Its alive! Its alive!

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Jun 27 22:45:39 CEST 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:22:15 +0200
Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:59:54 -0700
> Aaron Durbin <adurbin at chromium.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Stefan Tauner
> > <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> > > One thing he did not mention is that cbmem seems to not work on
> > > his device. I don't know anything about cbmem but I looked into
> > > it a bit. mapping the first address (0) works fine, but cbmem
> > > does not find anything there and the mapping of the second
> > > address (0xf0000) fails then with:
> > > Looking for coreboot table at f0000
> > > Mapping 1MB of physical memory at 0xf0000.
> > >
> > > any ideas why this could happen?
> >
> > Could someone post the full serial log from the boot? I could take
> > a look then.
>
> Guess what we tried to gather from cbmem ;) I have not followed the
> discussion in detail, but IIRC he has no docking station and hence no
> serial port... and most probably no USB debugging device either.

There are some possibilities:
-> cbmem -c only seem to work with native graphics init or the VGA
option rom on X60/T60
-> it doesn't work after resuming from suspend
-> it may depend on some compilation options of the kernel(some options
filter /dev/mem etc...)
-> some cmdline options of the kernel can relax some checks
about /dev/mem
-> you need to be root to run ./cbmem -c (included for completeness,
since you already know that).

I've attached my cbmem -c on the T60.

Denis.