[coreboot] Trouble with coreboot for Roda RK9

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Tue Jun 25 19:17:48 CEST 2013

Am 25.06.2013 14:07, schrieb Dmitry Bagryanskiy:

Hello Dmitry,

welcome to the coreboot mailing list.

> Could you please help me to solve some problems?
> Laptop: Roda RK9
> Socket: mPGA479M
>
> The problem is that when loading coreboot, "Unsupported FSB clock" is
> written in the debug and the circuit board is turn off. We knew that the
> function MCHBAR32(CLKCFG_MCHBAR) returns 0xffffffff which is cirtanly not
> correct. Can this problem be connected with the fact that in this coreboot
> version Socket BGA956 is used for Roda RK9 and Socket mPGA479M is on the
> circuit board.
Within coreboot, the socket option is just used to indirectly select the
supported CPUs. When we worked on the RK9 support, we were just lazy
and selected SOCKET_BGA956 to actually select MODEL_1067X. This should
(hopefully) work with any processor listed in [1]. Just to be sure,
which processor is socketed in your RK9?

However, the selection of a wrong socket or cpu model shouldn't cause
the problem you're describing. Maybe I can identify something that
differs from the RK9 we used during development. Please paste the output
of the following commands after booting to Linux with the legacy BIOS:

dmidecode
lspci -nn
lspci -xxx -s 0:00.0

Regards,