[coreboot] i82801gx: SMI from "GPE0_STS: USB1"

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Fri Jun 14 15:18:41 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Константин Аладышев
<aladyshev at nicevt.ru> wrote:
>> I droped GPE0_EN initialization from coreboot and now it works. I think OS
>> gets GPE0_EN information from _PRW objects in ACPI tables.
>> So... Is there any reason to setup GPE0_EN register in coreboot?
>

> Little addition to my last message:
> Not even drop GPE0_EN initialization from coreboot, but add GPE0_EN reset to
> 0x00000000. Cause coreboot gets it initializated from OS.
> Should it be done this way, or it is terrible hack?

I don't think it is a horrible hack. I think it's appropriate. My
reasoning is that the firmware doesn't handle those events so they
shouldn't be enabled. If the firmware was responsible for handling all
the things the OS could setup then the firmware would never be
future-proof.

As I noted before I think it's the OS/ACPI's responsibility to set
these registers back up the way it desires after resuming. I didn't
look anything up in the ACPI spec as I didn't feel like trying to find
something in that tome this morning.

-Aaron