[coreboot] Chromebooks overview

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Tue Jun 11 10:53:20 CEST 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 02:50:42 +0200
Tim Zander <t.zander at uea.ac.uk> wrote:
> http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices/custom-firmware
Is that howto made for scaring the people away of modifying their
system?
It seem to use dd[1] instead of cbfstool and also does binary
patching:
It seem really easier to do that instead:
checkout the source used at the factory
make menuconfig
locate the VMX configuration:
go in "Chipset  --->" and then enable VMX:
[*] Enable VMX for virtualization
make crossgcc
make

By the way, do we have the .config of the chromebooks?
Because according to that howto it's not in cbfs...