[coreboot] Flash succeed, but after bucts 0 x60s doesn't start.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jun 8 01:05:59 CEST 2013

Tim Zander wrote:
> things seemed to work

Sure, at this point you had completed step 8 at
http://www.coreboot.org/Lenovo_x60x

> Now I thought things wouldn't be critical anymore...
> Then I run bucts 0, didn't save the output (damm).
> then I shut down the system

So you skipped step 9 and went straight to step 10.

> then pressing of the power button result in endless beeping
> stop that the first time quiet early...
> Do I have a beeping brick now?

Yes. Since you skipped step 9 the last 64kb of the flash chip are
still from the factory BIOS.

Disassemble the machine and use an external flash programmer to
write a full coherent image to the flash chip, either your factory
BIOS backup or the full coreboot image.

//Peter