[coreboot] i would like to get coreboot working on VIA PC2500E

matti christensen mattic at iki.fi
Fri Jun 7 18:07:40 CEST 2013

Hello

i bought brand new pc500e from ebay as i really like via - and have
been interested in coreboot for a long time. board is exactly the same
as in Uve Hermanns image - http://www.coreboot.org/VIA_pc2500e .

i have been using Linux for ages ( from kernel 1.2.13 or so ) and
built my stuff mostly myself using some aschetic distribution, like
early slackware and now CRUX to get started.

after reading coreboot pages, getting coreboot, filo and flashrom
sources from git, configuring and building them to best of my
understanding, system does not boot.

i have spare w39v040bfz, which works with original bios burned into
it, but not w coreboot.

would someone like to help me - i can of course deliver config, dmesg,
what-ever ?

/mc
---keep-IT-simple---