[coreboot] About the status of "Getting Started : QEMU"

Svetoslav Trochev svetoslav.trochev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 03:11:26 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I was looking at the wiki's Getting Started | QEMU section [1] and I
noticed that all examples are outdated: coreboot V2 or V3. I
understand that for most coreboot developers QEMU will provide no
benefits, but for me it seem a good idea to practice building coreboot
for QEMU in order to gain better understanding about coreboot before I
start working with hardware. So my question is: Why listed examples
are out of date? Is it because there is no much of benefit to play
with QEMU/coreboot, or just because there is no human resources to
maintain up to date version of the tutorial and ready-build images?

Thank you,
Svetoslav Trochev

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU