[coreboot] Samsung 550 Chromebook own Coreboot

John Lewis jlewis at johnlewis.ie
Wed Jul 31 16:24:27 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Just want to confirm where we are in terms of things working or not.

The new system-agent binary works and recognises all 4 GB of RAM as
long as an additional pei data field is added to Stefan's patches in
http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/3831/ as detailed by Kyösti in the
comments.

The patches in http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/3830/ don't appear to do
anything for mrc.cache (it's still zero size) and this (or perhaps
something else) results in a time to SeaBIOS prompt of between 5 to 9
seconds.

I added a 64 GB SSD this afternoon, which I have working, but something
strange went on with geometry - if I tried to dd the partition itself
back it would crap out at 2 GB (this was after dd'ing the backed up mbr
onto the new drive). If I dd'ed the whole device it worked, but the
partition wouldn't mount, and fdisk would report that the partition was
too large for the device. Luckily, after reboot, it worked anyway. :)

confirm the drive detection geometry is A1 I think we are there.

John.