[coreboot] Generate microcode from tree not working

Alec Ari neotheuser at ymail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:39:40 CEST 2013

Hello! Someone recently contacted me directly about my MA785GM-US2H coreboot port, and they weren't able to get the microcode to generate:

    HOSTCC     cbfstool/cbfstool (link)
    LD         cpu_microcode_blob.o
coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin/i386-elf-ld: no input files
make: *** [build/cpu_microcode_blob.o] Error 1

I've tested the compilation process here too and I get the same problem, not sure how to fix it. It doesn't work for me no matter what board I select in Kconfig.

Please note I am not subscribed to the coreboot mailing list so if you have a response, I kindly suggest you CC the email to me directly.

Alec Ari <neotheuser at ymail.com>