[coreboot] Samsung 550 Chromebook own Coreboot

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Wed Jul 24 15:36:46 CEST 2013

John,

Are you checking out the blobs repo into 3rdparty? In that repo there
are the following blobs for lumpy:

http://review.coreboot.org/gitweb?p=blobs.git;a=tree;f=mainboard/samsung/lumpy;h=b4c159f20789c0eacdf5a25135a3275d277cf256;hb=refs/heads/master

The descriptor and me blobs don't live in cbfs. They live in the rom
but not as cbfs files.

Offset 0:
descriptor.bin
Offset 0 + sizeof(descriptor.bin):
me.bin
Offset 0 + sizeof(descriptor.bin) + sizeof(me.bin):
Usable rom space for corebot. This should be 6MiB. i.e. descriptor +
me.bin take 2MiB (there is some rounding).

The mrc.bin needs to be at a fixed location in the address space (and
fixed location in rom) in order to work correctly.

You will need adjust the CONFIG_ paths in  your .config for the build
to work. Looking at src/southbridge/intel/bd82x6x/Makefile.inc I see
CONFIG_HAVE_ME_BIN needs to be set to y and CONFIG_ME_BIN_PATH needs
to be set accordingly like I provided my previous example for mrc.bin.

Could you provide more details of your .config and the location of the
blobs on your local file system? This sounds like a simple build issue
in that the pieces aren't being placed in the proper places. I'm
guessing the default path locations in the Kconfigs just don't line up
correctly -- thus leading to some manual intervention.

-Aaron