[coreboot] Well supported energy efficient HTPC motherboard

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Mon Jul 22 10:07:03 CEST 2013

Hey all,

from time to time I see the question pop up, which motherboard is
recommended or what laptop is most recommended for coreboot.

What I haven't seen is a suggestion for an energy efficient HTPC. While
one would expect an arm box for this, I still fail to see really well
supported fully open systems. I guess the Raspberry Pi comes closest.

I see E-350 boards and F2A85 boards as being WiP/Supported but hold
those the recommendations? Personally for me, it has to be an AMD board,
but I can understand intel recommendations being interesting for other
readers.

Oliver