[coreboot] Help Finding BIOS Chip on Thinkpad X60

Alex Griffin agriffin at lavabit.com
Tue Jan 29 22:04:16 CET 2013

I recently got my hands on a Thinkpad X60, one of the few laptops
supported by Coreboot. Following the wiki instructions for installing on
this machine, I opened up the case to find the BIOS chip model to make
sure I could apply a correct patch against flashrom and avoid bricking
the machine. I can't seem to identify the BIOS chip, though, and I don't
see any chips on the motherboard labeled with anything present in
flashrom's sources.

Can anyone help me? Where is the BIOS chip located on your X60? Is there
any other advice you can give me about how to identify the BIOS chip? I
have a few pictures of the top and bottom of the motherboard that I can
post later if that would help.

Thanks!
--
Alex Griffin