[coreboot] Big picture of recent ARM patches?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 18 17:15:32 CET 2013

Dear coreboot folks,

it is great to see the past and current development of coreboot. Even
better that hardware/devices with coreboot installed can be bought.
Thank you for making that possible.

Google’s coreboot developers latest effort seems to be to port coreboot
to an ARM system. Unfortunately I am missing the big picture. I just see
patches getting pushed to Gerrit and most of them getting approved.

This is probably the result of upstreaming work early on so that trees
do not diverge. Which is great!

So it would be awesome if there would be a public roadmap, so that at
least myself can get a small overview. My impression is that only you
Google developers know what you are doing and can review the patches.
But that might miss valuable comments from the other core coreboot
developers regarding certain design decisions.

And a nice understandable commit history and overview would make life
for possible PowerPC (or other architectures) porters easier. Though
that is just another guess from my side.

Thanks,

Paul