[coreboot] Permanent solution of the UEFI Secure Boot problem?!

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jan 10 11:24:09 CET 2013

Svetoslav Trochev wrote:
> I think we have different understanding of 'notice right away'.

I don't.

> What I'm looking at this stage is contact inside OEM who is open to
> listen and willing to help. I don't expect any special treatment
> with order of 10 laptops.

You will not get any special treatment with an order of 1000 laptops
either. The numbers are too small for any OEM to extract the required
information from their ODM.

Your only real hope of having a modern laptop with coreboot is IMO to
port the existing support for modern platforms onto some laptops with
that hardware. Starting from zero experience with PC firmware I'd say
that it is roughly one man-year of work. Of course it can be
paralellized, if you can find others who want to work together with
you.

Gerrit eagerly anticipates all patches!

//Peter