[coreboot] [RFP/RFQ] contract to port coreboot to the ASRock IMB-161-D industrial motherboard

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Aug 16 20:59:59 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:19 AM, Luke Leighton
<luke.leighton at pathintel.com>wrote:

> On 16 August 2013 00:16, David Hendricks <dhendrix at google.com> wrote:
> > Hi Luke,
> > You may be in luck -- That chipset is similar to a couple others which
> are
> > already supported for the "Stumpy" and "Lumpy" ChromeOS products.
>
>  awesome.  hey i have one of those samsung chromebox's.  where's the
> spec for the chipset on those?

They use the 6-series/C200/HM65 chipset. The public datasheet is here:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/6-chipset-c200-chipset-datasheet.html

The newer products (Acer C7, Lenovo X131e, and HP 14-c050 Chromebooks) use
the 7-Series/C210 chipset. The public datasheet is here:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/7-series-chipset-pch-datasheet.html?wapkw=7-series

 It's been a while since I've looked at the huge matrix of codenames for
those generations of chipsets, but IIRC Cougar Point is in there
somewhere...

BTW -- For your goals of PXE booting you might want to look into SeaBIOS (
http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS) and IPXE (http://www.coreboot.org/IPXE).

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.