[coreboot] haswell firmware graphics support

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 02:01:42 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
> To be brutally honest, this was done before
> (http://libv.livejournal.com/19432.html), as part of my, soon, 10y
> old struggle to get rid of the ludicrous dependency on video bioses (it
> seems ludicrous now, but i once was on my own with this view).

Your work was really great stuff.

Actually, we all felt that way you did in 2000. And, for some chipsets
(sis630) we could do graphics without a video bios.
Ollie Lo was demonstrating Micro Windows and Linux on the motherboard
at our extreme linux workshop in 2001.

But companies such as nvidia made it so hard ... and, at different
times, different people gave up (including me). You were smart enough
not to give up :-)

It's been a long struggle and, really, for these intel chipsets, we
could not have done it without intellinuxgraphics.org.

ron