[coreboot] On loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 19:00:42 CEST 2013

OK, I took a look at the code. Nice to see such a simple startup,
reminds of linuxbios v1 days. At least if this is the right one:
http://fossies.org/linux/misc/grub-2.00.tar.gz:a/grub-2.00/grub-core/boot/mips/loongson/fwstart.S

I don't see a problem pulling this in to coreboot. We'd probably trim
some bits out and let ramstage take over, but for a first cut it could
be used as is. This code is very similar in how it works to many
linuxbios/coreboot platforms and hence should fit into the coreboot
structure with ease.

The first step remains the same: set up crossgcc. I talked to stefan
yesterday about incorporating extant loongson patches into a gcc build
and he mentioned that the utility is designed to allow you to specify
patches to be pulled at build time.

So, let's start with crossgcc for mips/loongson. This is a minimum requirement.

ron