[coreboot] [Coreboot ] LGA775 support

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue Apr 30 00:21:59 CEST 2013

You might be seeing an issue with the ram controller setup.
I've seen a very similar issue where RAM just seemed to work
fine until you would set up the MTRRs, creating a higher load
on the RAM controller.

You should compare the registers of MCHBAR (See inteltool)
between coreboot and the original BIOS.

I suspect that tje i945GC was only tested with Atom processors
whereas Intel Core CPUs were tested with 945GM chipsets.

on another note, did you add

select NORTHBRIDGE_INTEL_SUBTYPE_I945GC

to your mainboard Kconfig?

* CTO of SPCTNC <spctnc at gmail.com> [130429 14:28]:
> How do you do.
>
> Thank you for your effort for supporting coreboot.
>
> I saw your patch to coreboot for LGA775 soket.
>

> I 'm porting Coreboot to Gigabyte GA-945GCM board(LGA775 socket, i945GC
> northbridge).
>
> In my view, Coreboot does not support LGA775 perfectly.
>
> Coreboot seems to have several problems with LGA775.
>
> In my case, when it calls wbinvd on "smm_init" function(southbridge/intel/
> i82801gx/smi.c: Line352),
>
> , system goes away.
>

> Have you ever seen any board on which Coreboot works well?

Yes, about 250 different ones.

Stefan