[coreboot] On loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH

li guang lig.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com
Mon Apr 29 03:18:02 CEST 2013

在 2013-04-26五的 22:08 +0200,Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko写
道:

> >> do we have plan to add loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH support?
> >

> Loongson platforms are very different from any x86 boards. I believe
> that coreboot in this case would get more in the way than help. I ported
> GRUB to be firmware on Yeloong 2F and Fuloong 2F. Everything coreboot
> does on x86 including video init holds under 1000 lines of assembly code
> for yeeloong. See fwstart.S in GRUB tree.
> What is your goal? Can we perhaps adapt GRUB to your needs?

First step is to boot a platform based on loongson 2E, so I have to
at least port CPU start up code, bonito and vt82c686(seems done in
coreboot) init code.

I'm not so familiar with GRUB code, I'll take a look at fwstart.S
to find some helpful info,
Thanks!