[coreboot] On loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 22:08:45 CEST 2013

>> do we have plan to add loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH support?

Loongson platforms are very different from any x86 boards. I believe
that coreboot in this case would get more in the way than help. I ported
GRUB to be firmware on Yeloong 2F and Fuloong 2F. Everything coreboot
does on x86 including video init holds under 1000 lines of assembly code
for yeeloong. See fwstart.S in GRUB tree.
What is your goal? Can we perhaps adapt GRUB to your needs?